Graduate Life at Mines
There are few campuses in the United States that offer the natural beauty of Colorado School of Mines. Take a look at our featured campus videos here: Discover MInes
You will find that opportunities for relaxation and recreation outside labs and classrooms are abundant in and around Golden.
All graduate students are members of the Graduate Student Association and you are encouraged to take an active role within the organization. Not only will you have the opportunity to work with fellow graduate students in your degree program, you will meet and network with others outside your program. Additionally, Mines offers more than 100 different student organizations, clubs and recreation activities.
You will find the campus and surrounding areas to be a safe environment. Please take some time to view our Campus Safety Information.
Living in the Golden area offers close proximity to:
- Denver International Airport (35 mi/56 km - campus)
- Hiking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing and biking
- Live professional sports (Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Rockies, Colorado Rapids)
- Broadway plays and symphony performances (Denver Center for Performing Arts)
- Concerts (The Pepsi Center, The Fillmore, The Gothic Theatre)
- Test your luck at area casinos (Central City and Blackhawk)
You can read more about what's happening*:
in Golden: http://ci.golden.co.us/
in Denver: http://www.denver.org/
in Colorado: http://www.colorado.gov/
Sperling's Best Places: Golden,CO Report Card
*The Graduate Office at Mines does not endorse any off-campus websites/services.
If you would like to visit campus please click here: Visit Mines
Colorado School of Mines
engineering the way
1500 Illinois St.
Golden, Colorado USA 80401-1887
(800) 446-9488 x3247