International Students Undergraduate Application Procedures
1. Complete the Undergraduate Admission Application. Mines prefers students to apply online. If a paper application is completed, it must be mailed to the mailing address below.
Text only versionInternational Fact Sheet
Text only version–
Text only versionThe International Fact Sheet is used for completing the I-20 paperwork. Without this document it may cause delays in receiving your I-20.
Text only version- All international applicants on the F-1 (student) or J-1 (exchange) visa must provide evidence of sufficient funds available for their studies. The Financial Guarantee, dated within the past six months, must be co-signed by an authorized bank or representative of a recognized sponsoring agency in the U.S.A. An Affidavit of Support cannot be used in lieu of a bank statement. Mines has a Statement of Support Form (.pdf file). Mines requires a bank statement on a bank letterhead that has been cosigned by a banking official.
- Make an online request for an application to be sent to you via mail or fax. Write to the address below to request an application.
- Download the application and send the completed application and all supporting documents (application fee $45, transcripts, test scores and the statement of support) to the address listed below. Complete and sign the application (incomplete, unsigned applications cannot be processed).
Colorado School of Mines
1600 Maple Street
Golden, CO 80401
- Your SEVIS I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status), essential for securing an F-1 student visa, will be forwarded to you if you are admitted to Mines. Keep your SEVIS I-20 in a secure place; Mines will not issue a second SEVIS I-20.
- Take your SEVIS I-20 and letter of admission to the nearest U.S. Embassy to apply for a student visa.
- Arrive at Mines no later than one week before classes begin according to the information on the SEVIS I-20. Mines cannot authorize you to arrive later or change the information on your SEVIS I-20. Report immediately to the International Student and Scholars Office with your immigration documents for SEVIS registration.
- When arriving in the United States, show your SEVIS I-20 and your letter of admission to the U.S. customs/immigration officials at the airport.
- If you are an international student currently in the United States, you must inform your school's international student advisor of your plan to transfer your SEVIS information to Mines. This must be done in order to receive a new Mines I-20. Meet with an advisor at your current school and complete a SEVIS Transfer Form to determine an appropriate date to transfer to Mines. The school's code is DEN214F00183000. When you are admitted to Mines, your SEVIS I-20 will be issued after the release date indicated by your school. When you arrive at Mines, pick up your new SEVIS I-20 from the International Student and Scholars Office. See SEVIS Transfer Request form. (PDF)
- Students holding F-2 visas cannot attend Mines on a full-time basis.
- Colorado State law requires new freshmen, transfer, graduate and interantional students to submit proof of two doses each of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (or MMR) vaccinations. This is a mandatory requirement for all college students born on or after January 1, 1957. Both doses must be given on or after the student's first birthday. Official proof of these immunizations must be provided from your previous school, physician, military, or government.
- In addition to providing this immunization document, please complete the Health History, Tuberculosis Screening, Immunization and Meningococcal forms. More information and forms are available at http://healthcenter.mines.edu/SHC-Immunization-Requirements
- You must enroll full-time each semester.