Combined BS/MS Programs
Links and Downloadable Forms
Is a graduate degree necessary in your future?
What is separating you from a master’s degree? In many cases it is simply two semesters! Many degree programs at Mines offer you the opportunity to begin work on a Graduate Certificate, Professional Masters Degree, Masters of Science Degree, or a Masters of Engineering Degree while completing the requirements for your Bachelor’s Degree. These Combined Undergraduate/Graduate Programs have been created by Mines faculty with you in mind.
Graduate admissions process
If you are an undergraduate student at Mines and interested in a combined program or taking graduate level courses as an undergraduate we encourage you to visit the Graduate Office located in Guggenheim Hall, Room 125. We are happy to discuss with you the process and to clarify what is required and what is not. Please ask for Kay Leaman or Jahi Simbai.
Graduate application requirements for Mines undergraduates
Below is a listing of required documents that you must submit to the graduate office along with the online graduate application.
- Transcript: You will need to submit one (1) official copy of transcripts from all universities/colleges you have attended. (Official Mines undergraduate/graduate transcripts will not be requested by the Graduate Office. )
- Three letters of recommendation (*PDF file)
Text only version
- GRE: Many departments waive the GRE requirement for Mines undergraduate students applying to a combined program. However, some departments require the GRE for combined program students. Please contact the Graduate Office or your department of interest to determine if the GRE is required.
- Statement of Goals: The purpose of the statement of goals is to introduce yourself to the graduate admissions review committee. In the statement, you should address professional and personal goals, as well as why Colorado School of Mines would be the best place to achieve those goals. It is typically about one page in length.
- Resume/curriculum vitae (CV)
- A discounted, non-refundable $25 online application fee is required of all Mines applicants.
Once your application is successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail. Please ensure the e-mail address within your online application profile is the appropriate and correct e-mail. Once you have received confirmation you will be able to check the application status through your online application's homepage. (You will not be able to track an unsubmitted application online). When all the required credentials have been received by the Graduate Office your application will be complete and released to the department for review. An e-mail notification will be sent to you when your application has been sent for review. Please keep in mind that you can submit the online application without having the additional required credentials. We will update your application packet as we receive credentials and release it when all the required credentials have been received.
Graduate Departments and Programs Offering Combined Graduate Degree Options:
Applied Mathematics & Statistics
Chemical and Biological Engineering
Chemistry and Geochemistry
Civil and Environmental Engineering
Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
Engineering & Technology Management (ETM)
Hydrologic Science and Engineering
Master of International Political Economy of Resources (MIPER)
Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
Mineral and Energy Economics
Colorado School of Mines
engineering the way
1500 Illinois St.
Golden, Colorado USA 80401-1887
(800) 446-9488 x3247